Website Catalyst Solutions, LLC
Date of Availability: August 2, 2021
Overview: Catalyst Solutions has an opening in support of a fast-paced, high-priority, defense technology program. We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist to guide this program team in the development of their Risk Management Framework. This position requires a person who is driven to excel in a dynamic project-oriented environment collaborating with a team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
Education Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field is required.
Experience Requirements: Five (5) years of experience in cyber security planning, assessment, implementation, and/or operation.
Specific Performance Requirements:
- Provide cyber security expertise in support of The Defense Acquisition System as part of a multi-disciplinary integrated product team (IPT). Reference DoD Directive 5000.01, dtd September 9, 2020.
- Develop, deliver, and review for compliance a Risk Management Framework (RFM) Accreditation Package for a defense acquisition program. Assist Government clients in the development of RMF packages to support DoD Information Technology as described by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-37 in accordance with DoD Instruction 8510.01.
- Perform Nessus scans. Analyze and report scan findings/results.
- Apply Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG).
- Create and update Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&M) based on findings.
- Develop a Disaster Support Plan for a data center/facility to address the ability for continued operations or reconstitution in the event the facility is incapacitated in any way.
- Identify and report known exploits to systems or infrastructure which support the Wargaming Program and shall recommend effective threat countermeasures to mitigate these exploits.
- Develop recommendations for the security architectures and security engineering system specifications.
- Perform a Critical Program Information assessment.
- Create Assessment and Authorization (A&A) artifacts to support Security Controls Assessor – Validator events.
- Develop and present recommendations for a cross-domain solution for data transfer between geographically dispersed nodes and events between different classification levels.
- Provide cyber security support for reviewing technical documentation, composing cyber security plans and documentation, conducting technical reviews, developing testing plans, implementing a configuration management (CM) plan, and maintaining/updating engineering technical data packages (TDP).
General Performance Requirements:
- Understand and apply DoD Cyber Security policies, guidance, and directives in accordance with DoD Instruction 8510.01 (incorporating Change 3, December 29, 2020) – RMF for DoD Information Technology (IT).
- Participate in technical planning and the development of technical documentation.
- Assist with the collection, analysis, transformation, dissemination, visualization and development of cyber security related programmatic documentation supporting command decisions and briefings.
- Support and attend all applicable Integrated Product team (IPT) meetings, work group (WG) meetings, system demonstrations, test events, and phone conferences to achieve and maintain system accreditation.
- Develop professional technical narratives that accurately convey technical knowledge, ideas, concepts, and understanding for technical or non-technical audiences, as needed.
- Review technical content within non-engineering documents such as contracts or program reports. Provide a review summary to the client with recommendations as applicable.
- Be technically proficient and stay relevant in your work and technical domain through continuous learning.
- Be professional, to include but not limited to courtesy, attire, behavior, speech, tone, and attitude.
- Be productive and responsible with information-based work. Identify, review, develop, collect, organize, synthesize, share, report, and maintain information relevant to assigned tasks.
- Deliver quality products and services that exceed the defined acceptable quality levels (AQLs).
- Communicate effectively to include narrative, correspondence, conversation, and presentations.
- Anticipate work requirements and take the initiative to accomplish them.
- Actively identify ways to help others in our client and corporate community (service orientation).
- Strengthen client relationships and confidence by applying best practices for consulting.
- Work cheerfully, collaborate effectively, and be productive as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- As a Catalyst Solutions team member, represent the company in alignment with corporate values and policies, participate in corporate community, and support corporate objectives.
Skills and Abilities:
- Critical Thinking: Apply logic and reasoning to assess alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches.
- Problem Solving: Identify problems, collect information, develop/evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management: Manage your own time, the time of others, and the expectations of others.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to read, synthesize, and apply a high volume of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to adapt and learn something new in a rapid, independent manner.
- Ability to listen to and assimilate with client and team needs.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent assignments.
- Ability to learn from constructive feedback in a quality focused environment.
- Ability to manage work/track deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in both independent and team environments.
- Ability to type/keyboard (40+ words per minute) and take detailed meeting notes.
Tools and Technology:
- Be proficient in the daily use of the following applications and features:
- MS Excel (data tabulation/organization/presentation, pivot tables, charts)
- MS Word (formal narrative documentation)
- MS PowerPoint (slide presentations)
- MS One Note (meeting minutes and note-taking)
- MS SharePoint (content sharing, collaborative workspace)
- MS Teams (communication, virtual meetings, collaborative workspace)
- Ability to rapidly learn and produce work in a new software or web-based tool or application.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Current cyber security certifications/qualifications (DoD 8570.01) for IASAE Level III (or IAT Level III) is a must.
- DAWIA Certifications are an asset, especially in Systems Engineering (SE) and Test and Evaluation (T&E).
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU) courses are an asset, especially in the SE and T&E content.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@catalystsolutions-llc.com