Overview: Catalyst is preparing for new work and multiple openings in support of a fast-paced, high-priority defense technology program based in North Charleston, South Carolina. Among the new positions, we are looking for engineers join our team. This position requires a person who is motivated to excel in a dynamic environment as a member of a multi-disciplinary Program Team. The employee will plan and oversee the development of complex systems and infrastructure designed to address project needs.
Security Clearance Requirement: Possess or able to obtain a DoD personal security clearance at the Secret level.
Education Requirement: BS degree in Engineering or Physical Science.
Experience Requirements: Six (6) years of experience in C4ISR, computer vision, machine learning, artificial intelligence, identity management, biometrics, or forensic science to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements. Three (3) years of technical experience in support of identity management, biometric enabled intelligence or forensic science.
Primary (Job) Tasks:
- Perform engineering research, Technology Readiness Level (TRL) assessments, development, design, drawing and model support, test and evaluation, implementation, integration, testing, deployment, sustainment planning, and sustainment support for biometric, identification, and forensic science technologies.
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation in accordance with DoD systems acquisition policies/directives and client guidance. Documentation includes but is not limited to Analysis of Alternatives (AoA), User Requirements Documentation, Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), Performance Specification (PSPEC), Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), System/Subsystem Design Description (SSDD), Software Version Description (SVD), Programmatic Baseline documentation (Functional, Allocated, Initial Product, Final Product), Programmatic Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health Evaluation (PESHE), Test Engineering Management Plan (TEMP), Test Plans, Procedures, and Reports.
- Implement model-based systems engineering (MBSE) principles, practices, and tools. Produce digital representations of program and technical data for use in all phases of systems development per the SEP.
- Develop system requirements in open-standard formats for sharing among tools without the loss of data.
- Develop system specifications generated from or directly derived from the system model.
- Update and refine system requirements in the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Develop and modify system documents, reports, and plans to include but not limited to backup and recovery procedures, engineering change requests/proposals, installation/modification procedures, maintenance procedures, user training documents, testing procedures, test plans, software (S/W) build lists, S/W build plans, S/W version descriptions, installation guides, safety reports, and more.
- Establish and maintain consistency of product performance through effective configuration management.
- Design and implement testing methods and procedures in accordance with DoD standards.
Supporting (Technical) Tasks:
- Utilize Systems Engineering best practices in accordance with IEEE 15288.2.
- Provide supporting documentation and analysis for Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events.
- Apply the DoD framework to identify and assess risks in support of risk management for the program/system.
- Provide input to system safety hazard analyses and assist with development of the Safety Assessment Report in accordance with Department of Defense Standard Practice for System Safety Military Standard 882E (MIL-STD-882E) and Safety Assessment Report DI- SAFT-80102B.
- Provide support to develop training material for users to properly operate and maintain systems.
- Write reports that document system performance and present recommendations for improvements.
- Translate program needs into clear statements that can be addressed with systems solutions.
- Identify potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility.
- Collect information from varied relevant sources.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in written, oral, and visual presentations.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Develop plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Think creatively about problems as they arise.
Tools and Technology:
- Microsoft Office 365 software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Net conferencing tools such as GoTo Meeting and Webex.
- Web based collaborative tools.
- Cameo System Modeler.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and address a high volume of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and learn new information or tools practically “overnight”.
- Ability to listen to and address client and team member needs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Professional conversation, writing and presentation skills.
- The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Preferred Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Security clearance, education, and experience requirements on page 1 are “must have” requirements.
- Experience with the collection and exploitation platforms to include DOMEX, MEDEX, CELLEX, VIDEX and chemical and biological materials.
- Experience with the integration of various forensic exploitation platforms and modality capture devices to include fingerprints, palm prints, faces, and irises that are used for contact and non-contact biometric capabilities for both small and large-scale biometric capture, matching, and identification systems.
Job Location: North Charleston, SC, USA
Company Industry: Professional services and technical support of government agencies and private industry
Employment Status: Full-time, Onsite
Joining Date: Spring 2021
Number of Vacancies: 3
Supervises Others: No
Career Level: Mid-level Career
Years of Experience: 6+
Work Location: North Charleston, SC Citizenship: U.S.
Degree: B.S. Degree in Engineering or Physical Science
Certificates or Other Education: N/A
To Apply: Send resumes to, HR@catalystsolutions-llc.com