Website Catalyst Solutions, LLC
People - Purpose - Performance
Location: Stafford, Virginia
Date of Availability: January – June 2022
Overview: Catalyst Solutions is preparing to fill positions in support of defense technology programs during the upcoming months. We are looking for entry-level program analysts with an aptitude for policy research, detailed planning, critical thinking, technical writing, collaborative problem-solving, and professional consulting coupled with an interest in working on relevant defense acquisition programs. This position requires a person who is driven to excel in a dynamic project-oriented environment collaborating with a team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s Degree or an additional 4 years of relevant work experience.
Experience Requirements: One (1) year of professional experience is preferred but not required.
Specific Performance Requirements:
- Draft and review defense acquisition documents as required by statute, regulation, or policy and revise as needed for client acceptance/approval. Documents may include but are not limited to Single Acquisition Management Plans (SAMP), Program Management Reviews (PMR), and draft acquisition decision memorandum (ADM) content.
- Conduct risk identification, develop risk mitigation strategies, and report and track risks within the Risk Management Plan. This includes addressing action items, preparing agendas and presentation materials, participating in bi-weekly Risk Working Groups (RWGs), monthly Risk Review Boards (RRBs), and quarterly Risk Management Boards (RMBs).
- Develop, maintain, and deliver Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) to cover tasks and activities for all competencies and technical areas.
- Perform detailed schedule analysis. Analysis includes evaluation of the critical path, assessment of schedule risk, and conformance to the DoD IMS Integrated Master Plan (IMP) Guide.
- Support the development of IMS reports including 30-60-90 day outlooks, variance reports, past-due task reports, and schedule milestone snapshots.
- Support the development of acquisition project management plans, acquisition spend plans, and program office cost estimates.
General Performance Requirements:
- Understand and apply a working knowledge of The Defense Acquisition System, in accordance with DoD Directive 5000.01, dated September 9, 2020, to include acquisition phases, milestones, decision authorities, entrance/exit criteria, statutory and regulatory requirements, and the capability requirements process.
- Conduct research, interpret, advise, and assist with the application of regulations and procedures found in DoD and Marine Corps Systems Command acquisition policies
- Understand and apply industry best practices for project and program management, in accordance with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Project Management Institute (PMI) to include scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, risk management, communication management, and stakeholder management.
- Develop and exercise an understanding of the program baseline constraints for cost, schedule, and performance. Identify, assess, and recommend trade-offs as necessary to maintain baseline compliance.
- Understand and apply a working knowledge of funding types, budget resources, cost estimating, and spend planning to assist the program in achieving scope and schedule objectives within budget/cost constraints.
- Understand and apply a working knowledge of project goals and objectives across all competencies.
- Participate in program planning and the development of planning artifacts.
- Facilitate collaboration with Integrated Product Teams (IPT) members to translate project goals and objectives into planning products such as an Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), project schedule, and plan of action and milestones (POA&M).
- Prepare, update, and maintain program Road Maps, program Placemats, and top-level schedule diagrams identifying programmatic activities and tasks.
- Assist clients with decision-making by performing research and analysis to develop, document, and evaluate multiple courses of action. Prepare objective recommendations for client consideration.
- Prepare briefing content and visual artifacts in support of communication and coordination objectives. Formulate ideas and concepts into clear visual graphics, PowerPoint slides, and diagrams for presentations.
- Provide analytical support and assist in tailoring documentation requirements for different phases of the acquisition process IAW regulatory, statutory, and organizational policies.
- Develop, review, and update program documentation and decision briefings.
- Provide meeting support, including coordinating meetings, sending meeting invites, preparing meeting minutes, and tracking action items from the meeting.
- Prepare responses to program taskers and send draft responses to the Government client for approval.
- Be technically proficient and stay relevant in your work and technical domain through continuous learning.
- Be professional, to include but not limited to courtesy, attire, behavior, speech, tone, and attitude.
- Be productive and responsible with information-based work. Identify, review, develop, collect, organize, synthesize, share, report, and maintain information relevant to assigned tasks.
- Deliver quality products and services that exceed the defined acceptable quality levels (AQLs).
- Communicate effectively to include narrative, correspondence, conversation, and presentations.
- Anticipate work requirements and take the initiative to accomplish them.
- Actively identify ways to help others in our client and corporate community (service orientation).
- Strengthen client relationships and confidence by applying best practices for consulting.
- Work cheerfully, collaborate effectively, and be productive as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- As a Catalyst Solutions team member, represent the company in alignment with corporate values and policies, participate in corporate community, and support corporate
Skills and Abilities:
- Critical Thinking: Apply logic and reasoning to assess alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches.
- Problem Solving: Identify problems, collect information, develop/evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management: Manage your own time, the time of others, and the expectations of others.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to read, synthesize, and apply a high volume of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to adapt and learn something new in a rapid, independent manner.
- Ability to listen to and assimilate with client and team needs.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent assignments.
- Ability to learn from constructive feedback in a quality focused environment.
- Ability to manage work/track deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in both independent and team environments.
- Ability to type/keyboard (40+ words per minute) and take detailed meeting notes.
Tools and Technology:
- Proficiency working in MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and SharePoint.
- Ability to rapidly learn and produce work in a new software or web-based tool or application.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Preferred Project and/or Program Management certifications include formal credentials and coursework with Project Management Institute (PMI), DAWIA Certification, and Defense Acquisition University (DAU).
To apply for this job email your details to HR@catalystsolutions-llc.com