Overview: Catalyst is preparing for new work and multiple openings in support of a fast-paced, high-priority defense technology program based in North Charleston, South Carolina. Among the new positions, we are looking for a technical project manager to lead our team while also contributing as a performing member of that team. This position requires a person who is driven to lead, manage, and perform technical work in a dynamic project-oriented environment while fostering a positive professional culture and quality performance among a team of multi-disciplinary professionals. This position will have a decisive influence on program success, team composition, corporate growth, and business relations by providing engineering management, operational leadership, team building, and customer service in support of both program and corporate objectives.
Security Clearance Requirement: Possess and maintain a DoD personal security clearance at the Secret level.
Education Requirement: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field (i.e., physics, mathematics, systems analysis, operations research, etc.).
Experience Requirements: Ten (10) years of direct work experience with C4ISR DoD or other federal agency IT infrastructure. Eight (8) years of direct work experience, to include: Design, Development, Production, Installation, and Test & Evaluation of Computerized Systems, associated systems and /or subsystems. Four (4) years as manager of Navy C4ISR programs, to include: Supervising Project Personnel, Scheduling Work, Writing Proposals and Preparing Bids, and Equipment and Material Logistics Control. Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
Primary (Job) Tasks:
- Develop and maintain a team of professionals and a team-based capability to meet Catalyst’s contractual staffing requirements and performance requirements, in accordance with the client contract (prime or sub).
- Perform technical project planning, engineering management, and configuration management requirements.
- Lead, manage, and facilitate delivering hardware design, development, integration, and systems support.
- Lead, manage, and facilitate development and modification of system documentation.
- Lead, manage, and facilitate software engineering for the design, development, integration, and documentation of software in support of specific government requirements.
- Lead, manage, and facilitate test and evaluation support to satisfy hardware system and software testing.
- Lead, manage, and facilitate cybersecurity support to test system configurations, track/resolve discrepancies, and achieve/maintain compliance for obtaining/maintaining system Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Lead, manage, and facilitate equipment and material support to include procurement support, inventory management, and warranty tracking and management for Government procured and furnished equipment.
- Prepare formal technical and management reports to fulfill routine and special reporting requirements.
- Prepare formal documentation and deliverables to meet content (scope), schedule, and quality requirements in conjunction with government acceptance.
- Develop and implement a quality management system to ensure deliverables and support services exceed the client’s contracted quality assurance standards of performance (QASP) and maintain an improving trend.
Supporting (Technical) Tasks:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of project goals across all performing disciplines.
- Translate project goals and planning guidance into planning products such as an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), plan of action and milestones (POA&M), Project Management Plan, and Systems Engineering Plan (SEP).
- Anticipate requirements and initiate actions to accomplish project goals.
- Develop, identify, and evaluate multiple courses of action. Provide recommendations for action with rationale.
- Formulate innovative solutions that improve efficiency, drive down costs, and address program weaknesses.
- Organize, prepare, and present information to clients, supervisors, or other parties through effective written proposals, oral presentations, and visual graphics/diagrams.
- Provide professional development for team members through mentorship, coaching, training, and routine performance evaluations. Provide remedial counseling to address performance deficiencies, as needed.
- Lead through professional example and foster a positive work culture that inspires quality performance.
- Communicate and maintain situational awareness with team members, clients, and corporate leadership.
- Initiate and facilitate collaboration among team members and/or clients to develop, review, revise, and implement technical plans, processes, and solutions that fulfill client performance requirements.
- Ability to manage and direct a team of 20+ multi-disciplinary people organized into multiple sub-teams.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and address a high volume of tasks in a short period of time.
- Ability to delegate work and maintain quality results.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and learn new information or tools practically “overnight”.
- Ability to listen to and address client and team member needs.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Professional conversation, writing and presentation skills.
- The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Preferred Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Security clearance, education, and experience requirements on page 1 are “must have” requirements.
- DoD Intelligence community experience is preferred.
- PMP and/or DAWIA certifications are preferred.
Job Location: North Charleston, SC
Company Industry: Professional services and technical support of government agencies
Employment Status: Full-time, Onsite
Joining Date: Spring 2021
Number of Vacancies: 1
Supervises Others: Yes
Tools and Technology:
• Microsoft Office 365 software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and Project.
• Net conferencing tools such as GoTo Meeting and Webex.
• Web based collaborative tools.
Career Level: Mid-level Career
Years of Experience: 10+
Work Location: Onsite, NIWC Atlantic North Charleston, SC
Degree: B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Certificates or Other Education: N/A
To Apply: Send resumes to, HR@catalystsolutions-llc.com