Catalyst Solutions, LLC
When Excellence Matters - Catalyst is Your Solution
We are a growing community. Our clients require a professional consulting workforce that is autonomous, creative, and tenacious. If that’s you, we look forward to reviewing your resume and application!
Overview: Catalyst has multiple openings in support of a fast-paced, high-priority, Marine Corps programs. Among those positions, we are looking for a Systems Engineer. This position requires a person who is driven to excel in a dynamic, project-oriented environment collaborating with a team of multi-disciplinary professionals. This engineer will have an influence on project success by conducting research and analysis, problem-solving, critical thinking, and technical planning in support of program systems engineering objectives. This position is contingent upon contract award.
Career Level: Mid
Years of Experience: 3+
Degree Type: B.S. in Engineering, mathematics, physics, material sciences, or similar field
- As a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT), provide systems engineering technical knowledge in a supporting role for developing technical plans, documents, and assessments in support of program objectives.
- Develop positive working relationships with client personnel and understand their work requirements.
- Anticipate client support requirements and project needs by observing, receiving and obtaining information from relevant sources; take actions to ensure needs are met for client and project success.
- Research emerging topics and relevant trends to provide information summaries and updates to the client.
- Analyze data and information, document findings and formulate recommendations to inform client decisions.
- Be productive as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to satisfy client preferences and work requirements.
- Draft systems engineering documentation in support of program milestones and other program events. Documents include Technology Development Strategies, Systems Engineering Plans (SEP), Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMP), Configuration Management Plans, Performance Specifications (PSPEC), Requirement Traceability Matrices (RTM), Program Environmental Safety and Health Evaluation (PESHE), Environmental Safety Occupational Hazard Analysis (ESOH), Technical Data Packages (TDP) and Drawings, and Systems Engineering Technical Review documentation.
- Facilitate Systems Engineering Technical Review (SETR) events by preparing briefs, taking meeting minutes, preparing Summary Reports, Close Out memos, Request For Action Matrices, Technical Review Action Plans (TRAP), and assisting in preparing technical Review Data Package (TRDP) for all SETR events.
- Support program test and evaluation events to include (but are not limited to): Limited User Evaluations, Performance Verification Testing, Bid Sample Testing, First Article Testing, Technical Manual Validation & Verification, developmental test events and operational tests.
- Participate in test events. Prepare, review and analyze test plans and test reports.
- Perform Risk Management. Manage and update the PM IW Risk Registry for assigned programs.
- Provide support for Configuration Management (CM) and make updates using to the CM database in CM PRO.
- Understand and apply Systems Engineering best practices in accordance with IEEE 15288.2.
- Assist in coordinating efforts to identify and evaluate technical solutions and system design enhancements to improve overall system capabilities identified by the users’ current operational capabilities documentation.
- Participate in technical planning and the development of technical documentation.
- Assist with the collection, analysis, transformation, dissemination, visualization and development of engineering related programmatic documentation supporting command decisions and briefings.
- Support and attend all applicable Integrated Product team (IPT) meetings, work group (WG) meetings, system demonstrations, test events, and phone conferences in order to prepare the systems for design, integration, testing, fielding and transition to sustainment, as required.
- Support the necessary development, review, analysis, update, delivery, and management of technical documentation such as: Systems Requirements Document (SRD), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and all lower level system requirements documentation.
Tools & Technology:
- Possess or rapidly develop proficiency with the client’s technical review management tool “DART” and be able to use the tool Microsoft Office Suite software-particularly MS Excel, MS Access, and Visual Basic
- SharePoint / Web-based collaborative tools
- Issues Tracking software
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to adapt and learn something new overnight
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Ability to understand complex systems and their components
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent assignments, including technical projects and initiatives
- Ability to learn from constructive criticism in a quality focused environment
- Commitment to process adherence
- Professional manner and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage work/track deadlines
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively
The above list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the position. It is NOT an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required
Preferred Experience and Other Qualifications:
- MUST BE ABLE TO obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Ability and willingness to surge in support of team and program needs.
- Prior DAWIA training and/or acquisition program experience is preferred.
- Experience with DoD systems acquisitions practices such as IEEE 15288.2 preferred.
Experience with DoD systems acquisition practices such as SETR and document development is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@catalystsolutions-llc.com