Website Catalyst Solutions, LLC
People - Purpose - Performance
Location: North Charleston, South Carolina
Date of Availability: March – April 2023
Overview: Catalyst Solutions is looking for technical writers with experience in writing/editing technical documentation for defense acquisition programs. This position requires a person who is driven to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, project-oriented environment collaborating with a team of multi-disciplinary professionals.
Security Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or related field.
Experience Requirements: Experience requirements may be fulfilled simultaneously.
- Ten (10) years of experience in Technical Writing support including two (2) years of experience with Marine Corps publications, to include: writing/editing technical documentation, procedures, and guidelines for C4ISR systems or equipment.
Specific Performance Requirements:
- Provide technical writing support to edit technical documentation, to include: program briefs, Test Plans, Test Reports, Technical Manuals (TMs), Technical Instructions (TI), Modification Instructions (MI), Supply Instructions (SI), Stock Lists (SL-3), Systems User Manuals (SUM), and Systems Administrators Manuals (SAM), in accordance with MCO P5215.17, MIL-I-28947C, MIL-PRF-32216A, MIL-PRF-85337, MIL-STD-38787A, and SG-1A.
- Assist in maintaining the Logistics Documentation Report on a weekly basis.
- Evaluate technical publications for style, format, utility, and provide recommendations to resolve deficiencies.
- Participate in technical publication reviews associated with c4ISR systems, subsystems, and components.
- Assist in coordinating and conduction Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) events with the expectation that corrections to technical documentation will be made on the spot.
- Assist with the completion of technical manuals and preparation in accordance with MIL-DTL-28999C (MC), MIL-STD-38784A, MCO 5215.17, MCSC Memorandum 4105 LOG of 12 November 2003, and SG-1A.
- Assist with development of Quick Reference Guides (QRG) for use by the contractor and Marine Corps maintenance personnel.
- Prepare SL-3 Components Lists as required. Draft SL-3s shall be delivered within 30 days of request; SL-3s shall be prepared in accordance with MIL-DTL-28999C (MC), MIL-STD- 38784A, MCO P5215.17, MCSC Memorandum 4105 LOG.
- Coordinate with project Equipment Specialists (ES) for the request of PCN and other necessary information for the documenting of C4ISR systems.
- Assist with the assembly and review of technical data packages for consistency, format, and is assembled in accordance with MIL-STD-31000A.
- Verify that all illustrations used in publications match actual equipment configuration as well as proper sequencing for disassembly and assembly procedures in accordance with MIL-I-28947C.
- Coordinate with the project mechanical engineer to request updates to system drawings and illustrations.
- Participate in program meetings such as integrated product team (IPT) meetings and working groups. Evaluate the information presented. Formulate and prepare narrative observations and recommendations.
- Provide meeting support to include coordination, preparation, hosting, minutes, and action item tracking.
- Prepare responses to program taskers and send draft responses to the Government client for approval.
General Performance Requirements:
- Develop a concise, accurate narrative summary that coherently describes new ideas, problems, or solutions; Organize information in a coherent format using the most effective combination of narrative, charts, figures, and tables.
- Write technical materials, such as manuals, appendices, or operating instructions. May assist in layout work.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers, clients, or teammates.
- Analyze current content and make improvements as necessary.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Create strong content that fulfills company standards and project goals by organizing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Utilize a variety of media forms including photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Interview team personnel and research other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Formulate concepts and plans into professional documents with narrative, clear visual graphics, PowerPoint slides, and compliant formatting for presentations.
- Identify mission goals on projects, and review practices to ensure appropriate goals are prioritized and met.
- Review, understand, and implement organizational policies and guidelines on projects and deliverables.
- Facilitate meetings among stakeholders to achieve meeting objectives.
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Be technically proficient and stay relevant in your work and technical domain through continuous learning.
- Be professional, to include but not limited to courtesy, attire, behavior, speech, tone, and attitude.
- Be productive and responsible with information-based work. Identify, review, develop, collect, organize, synthesize, share, report, and maintain information relevant to assigned tasks.
- Deliver quality products and services that exceed the defined acceptable quality levels (AQLs).
- Communicate effectively to include narrative, correspondence, conversation, and presentations.
- Anticipate work requirements and take the initiative to accomplish them.
- Actively identify ways to help others in our client and corporate community (service orientation).
- Strengthen client relationships and confidence by applying best practices for consulting.
- Work cheerfully, collaborate effectively, and be productive as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- As a Catalyst Solutions team member, represent the company in alignment with corporate values and policies, participate in corporate community, and support corporate objectives.
Skills and Abilities:
- Critical Thinking: Apply logic and reasoning to assess alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches.
- Problem Solving: Identify problems, collect information, develop/evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management: Manage your own time, the time of others, and the expectations of others.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to read, synthesize, and apply a high volume of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to adapt and learn something new in a rapid, independent manner.
- Ability to listen to and assimilate with client and team needs.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent assignments.
- Ability to learn from constructive feedback in a quality focused environment.
- Ability to manage work/track deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in both independent and team environments.
- Ability to type/keyboard (40+ words per minute) and take detailed meeting notes.
Tools and Technology:
- Be proficient in the daily use of the following applications and features:
- MS Excel (data tabulation/organization/presentation, pivot tables, charts)
- MS Word (formal narrative documentation)
- MS PowerPoint (slide presentations)
- MS One Note (meeting minutes and note-taking)
- MS SharePoint (content sharing, collaborative workspace)
- MS Teams (communication, virtual meetings, collaborative workspace)
- Ability to rapidly learn and produce work in a new software or web-based tool or application.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@catalystsolutions-llc.com